Outdoor Field Complex (OFC)-Under Construction Starting 9/8/14
Turf Remodeling Project at the Outdoor Field Complex Underway
The remodeled facility will feature:
- More than 214,000 square foot synthetic turf facility.
- Two multi-purpose fields provide a safe playing surface for a variety of sports and recreation activities.
- Additional fencing added to foul territory areas to assist in separating active play areas from pedestrian corridor.
- Outdoor WiFi access for the UIC community.
The facility will also be more environmentally friendly with the following features:
- UIC will safe up to 2,000,000 gallons of water per year in irrigation costs alone.
- Fertilizers and pesticides will be eliminated.
- The playing field uses approximately 40,000 recycled tires, which is used to make up the FieldTurf’s performance infill layer.
- The installation of the field eliminates fuel-powered mowing, aerating and re-seeding.
Grand Re-Opening Summer 2015
The complex includes varsity fields for men’s baseball, women’s softball and the men’s soccer teams. The tennis courts will be utilized by the men’s and women’s varsity teams, but will also be available for recreational use. Recreation facilities include two multi-purpose grass fields, three sand volleyball courts, and a jogging path that circles the complex.
Click here to view OFC policies