Outdoor Field Complex (OFC)-Currently Under Construction
Turf Remodeling Project at the Outdoor Field Complex Underway
The remodeled facility will feature:
- More than 214,000 square foot synthetic turf facility.
- Two multi-purpose fields provide a safe playing surface for a variety of sports and recreation activities.
- Additional fencing added to foul territory areas to assist in separating active play areas from pedestrian corridor.
- Outdoor WiFi access for the UIC community.
The facility will also be more environmentally friendly with the following features:
- UIC will save up to 2,000,000 gallons of water per year in irrigation costs alone.
- Fertilizers and pesticides will be eliminated.
- The playing field uses approximately 40,000 recycled tires, which is used to make up the FieldTurf’s performance infill layer.
- The installation of the field eliminates fuel-powered mowing, aerating and re-seeding.
Grand Re-Opening Summer 2015
Click here to view OFC policies