Become a Fitness Instructor
Teaching group fitness is fun and rewarding! Campus Recreation offers a semester-long Instructor Training Course for UIC students interested in learning to become a Group Fitness Instructor. Previous teaching experience is not required, but participation in a variety of group fitness classes like kickboxing, step, etc., is recommended. Participants must be enthusiastic about group fitness!
About the Course
Learn the basics of teaching group fitness classes (in all different formats and varieties) in a lecture/workshop and team teaching format. Upon completion of the program training instructors will be prepared to take a national certification exam.
Includes the following:
- 10 hours classroom training and lecture, including materials
- 10 hours supervised teaching practice
- 10 hours independent participation in group fitness classes
- Team teaching in the group fitness program
Class Days & Times!
The course will be offered on Wednesday evenings from 6-8 p.m. starting during the Fall 2015 Semester! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!
How to sign up:
Log In / Register for Program
- Space is limited! Advanced registration required a minimum of one week prior to the start date of the session.
- Participants will be contacted via email, following sign up, with specific information about the first training session.
- For more information contact email@example.com.