Age Policy Heading link
Student Recreation Facility-737 S. Halsted
- Guest under the age of 18 may enter the facility accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Guest fees are applicable to all persons.
- All members under the age of 18 must be supervised at all times by a parent or legal guardian while in the facility.
- Patrons must be 18 or a UIC student to utilize the Fitness Floor.
- During the Academic Year:
Monday – Friday before 4:00 PM: Children under the age of 18 may be anywhere in the facility except the Fitness Floor (this includes any time on the weekends.)
Monday – Friday after 4:00 PM: Children under the age of 18 are limited to the racquetball courts and swimming pool.
- Climbing Wall Area
- The climbing wall is available for children 5 years of age or older on the weekends during the Academic Year, and anytime during the Summer/Winter Breaks and Holidays.
Sport & Fitness Center-828 S. Wolcott
- Children under the age of 18 are permitted at the SFC on weekends and during winter/summer breaks and must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The areas they are allowed are the pool, gymnasium and racquetball courts.
- UIC Students (with valid i-card) may be under 18 and enter the facility without an adult.
Aquatics/Pool Area (SRF and SFC)
- Any child under the age of 9 must have an adult in the water with them at all times. There is a maximum of 3 small children (under 9) per adult in the water at all times. In addition, babies/toddlers are required to wear proper swimming diapers or rubber pants that will retain feces in the event of an accident.