Fitness Floor Policies
- Use a towel or Gym Wipe to clean all equipment after each use. Dispose of Gym Wipes in the proper
container. Chalk is prohibited on the fitness floor.
- Closed-toe athletic shoes are required at all times. No non-athletic shoes of any kind are allowed.
- Book bags, gym bags, and other personal belongings are not permitted in hallways, lobbies, or activity areas.
Please utilize a locker or cubby to store your items.
- “Outside” personal trainers are prohibited from training clients in UIC recreation facilities. Personal training
may be conducted by UIC Campus Recreation Personal Trainers ONLY.
- Water is allowed in plastic, re-sealable containers only. Food or other beverages are not allowed on the
- Profanity, suggestive language, and aggressive behavior will not be tolerated.
- Limit your cardiovascular workout to 30 minutes if others are waiting.
- All equipment must be used in the manner in which it was designed. Do not attempt to modify equipment.
Collars are required on free weights, and pins are required on plate loaded equipment.
- If you are unfamiliar with the equipment, please ask a Fitness Attendant for assistance.
- Dropping/Slamming weights is prohibited.
- All equipment must remain in the area it was placed. Do not move equipment from one location to another.
- Report all injuries and maintenance needs to a Fitness Attendant.
- Re-rack your weights when you are done with the activity. No weight should be left on the bar or on the
floor when the equipment is not being used.
- Children under the age of 18 are not allowed on the Fitness Floor at any time.
- Only UIC Students who are under 18 are allowed access to the Fitness Floor (with a valid i-Card) unless training with a Personal Trainer.