General Facility Rules
General Facility Rules Heading link
- A current UIC i-card, with a valid membership, is required in order to enter UIC Campus Recreation facilities. Please see the ID Policy for other requirements. Attempting to enter the facility using false identification will result in i-card confiscation, and/or suspension of facility access privileges. Campus Recreation staff members have the authority to check and verify the identification of any individual in the building at any time.
- Campus Recreation staff has authority over facility conduct and use of equipment. Failure to comply
may result in suspension of facility privileges. Also, the staff has the right to remove any individual(s) that UIC Campus Recreation deems appropriate.
- Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Personal belongings are not permitted in activity areas and must be kept in a locker or designated areas.
- Please consult a physician prior to engaging in physical activity. Campus Recreation is not responsible for accident or injuries that occur to the patron.
- Tobacco, alcohol, and non-prescription drugs are not permitted at any time in Campus Recreation facilities.
- Food and drinks are permitted in designated areas only. This includes the fitness floor and pool area.
- Only water in plastic, re-sealable containers are allowed in physical activity areas.
- Please report all injuries, accidents, or equipment failures to Campus Recreation staff.
- Proper, non-marking athletic shoes are required in all areas except the pool.
- Mature and respectful conduct is expected and required at all times.
- Holiday closings and changes to building operational hours will be posted on the web page and throughout the facility.