Co-Ed Sauna Rules
- Proper swimming attire is always required
- CAUTION: Persons with medical conditions should consult a physician before using this room. The following
individuals should not use the steam room; those with heart disease, diabetes, high or low blood pressure,
circulatory or respiratory problems, seizures, epilepsy, pregnant women, those who are using prescribed or
illegal drugs or under the influence of alcohol.
- All individuals must shower before using the sauna, and after if planning to use the swimming pool.
- No personal belongings of any kind are allowed in the sauna. This includes; newspapers, magazines and paper
- Lewd or suggestive behavior will not be tolerated.
- Nobody under the age of 18 is allowed to use the sauna.
- Adjustments to the sauna or tending to the rocks are not permitted. Alert the Campus Recreation staff if the
sauna is not functioning properly.
- Never exercise while in the sauna.
- Keep a safe distance from the sauna heater outlets to prevent getting burned.
- The sauna temperature is hotter on the top bench.
For your safety, the Campus Recreation staff recommends that you:
• Allow a 5 minute cool down period following exercise and before entering the sauna.
• Limit your exposure to 10 minutes per sitting.
• Allow a 5 minute cool down period after exiting the sauna.
• Drink plenty of water before and after using the sauna.
• Remove all jewelry prior to using the sauna.