Co-ed Steam Room Rules
- Proper swimming attire is always required
- CAUTION: Persons with medical conditions should consult a physician before using this room. The
following individuals should not use the steam room; those with heart disease, diabetes, high or low blood
pressure, circulatory or respiratory problems, seizures, epilepsy, pregnant women, those who are using
prescribed or illegal drugs or under the influence of alcohol.
- All individuals must shower before using the steam room, and after if planning to use the swimming pool.
- No personal belongings of any kind are allowed in the steam room. This includes; newspapers, magazines
and paper products.
- Lewd or suggestive behavior will not be tolerated.
- No one under the age of 18 is allowed to use the steam room.
- Adjustments to the steam are not permitted. Alert the Campus Recreation staff if the steam room is not
- Never exercise while in the steam room.
- Keep a safe distance from the steam generator outlets to prevent getting burned.
- The steam room temperature is hotter on the higher bench.
For your safety, the Campus Recreation staff recommends that you:
• Allow a 5 minute cool down period following exercise and before entering the steam room.
• Limit your exposure to 10 minutes per sitting.
• Allow a 5 minute cool down period after exiting the steam room.
• Drink plenty of water before and after using the steam room.
• Remove all jewelry prior to using the steam room.