Outdoor Field Complex
Outdoor Field Complex (OFC) Heading link
The Outdoor Field Complex (renovated in 2015) features two multi-purpose fields, with more than 214,000 square feet of synthetic turf, sand volleyball courts, a jogging path, and outdoor fitness station.
The fields are designed and marked to accommodate the following activities: Heading link
Outdoor Field Complex (OFC) Hours
Monday – Friday 9:00am-10:00pm
Saturday – Sunday 10:00am-4:00pm
The fields are designed and marked to accommodate the following activities:
- Flag Football
- Field Hockey
- Outdoor WiFi access for the UIC community
The OFC boasts the following sustainable features
- UIC saves up to 2,000,000 gallons of water per year in irrigation costs
- The need for fertilizers and pesticides on the playing surface has been eliminated
- Approximately 87,000 recycled tires were used to make up the Field Turf’s performance infill layer
- The installation of the turf field eliminates fuel-powered mowing, aerating and re-seeding
- Permeable concrete assists storm water runoff
- Wind and solar powered walkway lighting
Sand Volleyball Courts
There are 3 Sand Volleyball Courts available for open recreation unless reserved.
The asphalt jogging path winds through the perimeter of the field complex and covers roughly .4 of a mile.
The fitness station is located near the 3rd base foul line beyond the outfield of the West Field. The station is available for use during the normal operating hours of the OFC. The station may be unavailable when Campus Recreation is conducting a scheduled group fitness class or when softball/baseball is taking place on the West Field.