Campus Recreation Climbing Wall
Campus Recreation Climbing Wall
Come and try our incredible Entre Prises’ Free Form climbing wall. Entre Prises’ is the world’s premier climbing wall manufacturer and Free Form is the most advanced product in climbing wall technology. Free Form accurately simulates the look, feel, and detail of real rock! Our wall is 43 feet tall, 7 top ropes across, and has a stunning variety of built-in features such as: cracks, flakes, pockets, arêtes, a dihedral, as well as endless intricate features.
Rock-climbing is a multi-dimensional sport that requires strength and flexibility, as well as a high level of endurance and skill. It also offers a balance between physical exercise and mental discipline. Climbers will quickly begin to develop hand, arm, back, and core strength as a result of the movements the climber needs to scale the wall. With practice, climbers will see improvement in agility, their ability to increase strength-to-weight ratio and flexibility in hips and hamstrings.
In addition, our friendly staff would love to introduce you to this popular and fast growing sport. We are constantly changing our routes to challenge every type of climber from beginner to advanced skill levels. Each route varies in length and style so climbs never get tedious.
Day Time Sunday 12:00pm-5:00pm Monday 4:00pm-9:00pm Tuesday 11:00 am-1:00pm and 4:00pm – 9:00pm Wednesday 11:00 am-1:00pm and 4:00pm – 9:00pm Thursday 11:00 am-1:00pm and 4:00pm – 9:00pm Friday 4:00pm-8:00pm Saturday 11:00am – 3:00pm
Rock Climbing Prices
You asked…we answered! Climbing is now FREE for all students, members, and guests.Equipment prices are as follows:
Shoe Rental Chalk Bag Rental Shoe + Chalk Rental Student- $3.00 Student- $2.00 Student- $4.00 Member- $5.00 Member- $5.00 Member- $8.00
Rentals & Reservations
The wall can be rented for parties and private events. For more information contact email@example.com or call (312) 413-5165.
Climbing Wall Rental (per hour)
Affiliation Number of People Attending 15 or less 16-30 Student $50.00 $75.00 Member $75.00 $100.00 Non-Member $125.00 $150.00
Climbing Wall Classes
Introduction to rock climbing classes are offered on a frequent basis. Three week classes run once a week for two hours. Classes are taught by experienced staff members and provide basic understanding of the sport of rock climbing. Students will be taught basic belay and knot techniques as well as valuable climbing techniques to assist new climbers to successfully reach the top of the wall.
For a nominal fee, students can sign up for classes on-line. A belay certification is included in the class. This permits the climber to belay his/her friends without waiting for a staff member.
Adult Learn the Ropes – An Intro to Climbing Class
Mondays 2/4 – 2/18 3-5 pm
Tuesday 3/5 – 3/19 3-5 pm
Kids Learn to Climb Class
Similar to the adult intro to climbing class, this class exposes children 7+ to the sport of rock climbing while working on technique to improve their skills. Classes are taught by experienced staff members and provide basic understanding of the sport of rock climbing. Students will be taught basic belay and knot techniques as well as valuable climbing techniques to assist new climbers to successfully reach the top of the wall.
Sundays 2/3 – 2/17 11:00 – 1:00 pm
Sundays 3/3 – 3/17 11:00 – 1:00 pm
Adult Learn to Lead Class
Learn to Lead classes for more experienced climbers are offered using a similar format with an emphasis on more advanced technique, lead belay, and sport climbing. Students need to be able to climb at least a 5.9 to enroll in this class.
Tuesdays 2/12 – 2/26 2 – 4 pm
Fridays 3/8 – 3/22 2 – 4 pm
*Our classes are open to UIC students, members, and non-members.
Specifically at the Student Recreation Facility
- The climbing wall is open only during posted, supervised times. The schedule is modified during breaks and summer. The hangboard mounted by the climbing wall is available for use during normal facility hours.
- All climbers must sign an Acceptance of Risk, Waiver and Release form which will be kept on file. All new climbers will need to complete a 5 minute orientation with a certified staff member in addition to the waiver.
- Children must be 5 years old or older and may only climb during weekend hours.
- Climbing is free for all who can already enter the facility, however if climbing shoes or chalk are desired, patrons may purchase a daily or ten climb pass to rent equipment.
- Non-Members may purchase a five climb pass with a photo ID exclusively for the climbing wall. Non-members must have a photo ID for each climbing wall visit and check in at member services.
- Proper athletic apparel appropriate for climbing is required. Only clean gym shoes will be allowed on the wall and slack line.
- Harnesses are provided at no charge to climbers. Patrons may also bring their own equipment for use at their own risk.
- Through Campus Recreation’s Instructional Programs, periodic classes are offered to teach the fundamentals of climbing.
- Experienced climbers can be certified by the SRF’s wall staff to climb and belay without an attendant’s assistance. If a belay test is failed, the climber needs to wait at least one day before re-testing.
- Only assisted braking belay devices can be utilized on the climbing wall unless an instructional class requires other belay devices.
Rock Swim & Sport Summer Program
This summer get your kids involved in a fun and active half day program! UIC Campus Recreation if offering its annual summer kid’s program that will combine indoor rock climbing with swim lessons. All children aged 5-11 are welcome. No experience needed!
Session 1: June 19 – June 28*
Session 2: July 8 – July 19
Session 3: July 29 – August 9
Pricing (per session):
Click here to Register !